Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Annual Snake River Run

Again I am a bit behind on updating my blog, but better late then never... Right? So I wanna say the 4th annual Snake River run, but this has been going on long before my time. For me this is the 4th year in a row I have gone. It has become one of my favorite things ever. I absolutely love it!! I look forward to it all year gone. Usually we go in June and it seems like it's the start of summer. This year we didn't make it until the beginning of August which was great cause it was Hot and the water was still great. We started the year out with the new raft, "The Blue Dart" Big Kahuna was a really good sized hole and Lunch counter was a bit washed out but always a good time. We put the bright pink and green bailing buckets to good use water fighting. What a great family tradition. We are so lucky to have such a fun family to laugh and play with. We run the River twice a day once in the morning and again after lunch. The first run was a blast everything went great. The second run not so much. We had a full boat. Kip, Lara, Easton, and Russ in front. Mark at the oars with Kurt, Donna, and myself in the back. Bad idea... So we had a great time up until Big Kahuna. We hit the first hole and the swoosh. Before I even knew what hit us I was upside down flipped around and missing one shoe. I pop up and the boat in upside down!! Scared me like you wouldn't believe. Kips screaming, he lost a shoe too and was more upset about the shoe then the water pouring down on him. To my surprise I look over and Donna had grabbed my shoe, YES!! Kurt, Easton, Kip, and Lara made it to one of the other rafts. So Donna and I got the wrath of the river getting smashed on some rocks Donna had some nice battle wounds. As we catch our breath. We look up and here comes the next round of rapids. Although there were lots of people crazily jumping in to float down I was terrified to not be in the boat. Thankfully Mark and Russ helped me calm down a bit. After it was all said and done. I may have over reacted a bit. It wasn't so bad. Needless to say that was my last trip down the river this year. I'll be back and ready next year. The rest of the trip was a blast filled with dirty kids, games, horseshoes and camp fire. Sat night Payton, Annie, Easton, Kurt and I drove into Jackson Hole. We bought the pictures of the raft flipping and walked around town. We all went to Ripley's Believe it or not and believe it or not we all ate BUGS to get a $1.00 off. It was lots of fun. We saw some interesting stuff. Yet again another fun year at the river. I already can't wait for next year. If I fall in I think I will do a better job at not freaking out :) (Thanks Mark and Russ)

3 comments:

Lara Phister said...

I LOVE THE RIVER TOO!!! I'm glad everybody got thier shoes back!

Jennilyn Proulx said...

Your blog makes me wish that I wasn't so scared of open water! You're always having fun in it!

P.S. I hope Kurt is healing well!

MARK & CHRISTY said...

Hello Dr. Wilcox!! I hope all is well with you and Kurt! We haven't talked in a while! We all need to get together and hang out! Hope all is well